Love is our true nature. We can’t help it. We’re designed to love.
Of course the first thing that comes to mind is romantic love but that is such a small percentage of the love that is shown daily by the people you come in contact with.
Sure there are plenty of signs of love between people you know like hugs, a kiss on the cheek, a gentle rub on the shoulder or arm, but there are little signs of “I love you” as a fellow human being all over the place.
1) Waving a pedestrian across the street while you wait, (I love you).
2) Opening a door or holding the door open for the next person, (I love you).
3) Saying “Hi” to the stranger who crosses your path while you’re on a stroll through the neighborhood, (I love you).
4) Telling your customer to have a great day, (I love you).
5) Mowing your neighbor’s lawn because their lawn mower is broke, (I love you).
These are just a sample of the free acts of kindness that we exhibit every day.
We do it out of kindness.
We do it out of love for our fellow man.
We can’t help it.
It’s who we are.